Eat in, or Eat Out!
Below is a list of some of places to eat out, in and around the Glencoe area.
The Laroch is in the Village of Ballachulish, and is an easy walk from Braehead Cottage.
The Glencoe Gathering
The Glencoe Gathering Inn is a 5 minute walk from Braehead Cottage along the main road towards the Village.
Loch Leven Seafood
Loch Leven Seafood Cafe is on the Loch Shore on the opposite side of Loch Leven from Braehead Cottage. Its not just a Cafe, but a very nice restaurant.
The Clachaig Inn is in the Heart of the Glen, it has 2 bars, the Main family Bar and the Boot Bar at the rear which often has Live Scottish Music, No children allowed in the Boot Bar.
The Holly Tree
The Holly Tree Hotel and Restaurant is in Kentallen, a 10-15 minute drive along the Oban road, they have a lovely Cafe/Bar and restaurant overlooking Loch Linnhe
The Old Inn
The Old Inn, Appin is a fantastic Steak restaurant, it is a 15 minute drive west from Braehead Cottage along the Oban road. To book you need to phone the number on their facebook page(link below).
The Corran Inn
The Corran Restaurant and Bar is about 10 minute drive north on the A82 towards Fort William, it over looks the slipway for the Corran Ferry.
The Kingshouse Hotel is the Newest property in the Area. In the heart of Glencoe sit and have a meal with the stunning outlook of Bauchalive Etive Mor.
Loch Leven Hotel
Loch View Restaurant & Old Ferry Bar, Situated in North Ballachulish, just over the bridge looking over the entrance to Loch Leven.
Crafts & Things
Crafts & Things, is a few doors down from Braehead Cottage, a stay would not be complete without a visit to their shop and Cafe. The Takeaway cakes are gorgeous,
The Glencoe Cafe is just off Glencoe Main street, it is a 10 minute walk from Braehead Cottage across the main road and into the Village.
Ballachulish Tourist Information
Situated beside the Coop in Ballachulish, the Visitors centre has a great gift shop as well as an exellent Cafe, the Club Sandwich is Fantastic.
Glencoe Gathering, Glencoe
Quarrier Kitchen, Ballachulish
Riverside Chippy, Kinlochleven
Useful Links for Eateries
- The Laroch – http://thelarochrestaurantandbar.co.uk/
- Glencoe Gathering – https://www.crerarhotels.com/glencoe-gathering
- Loch Leven Seafood – http://www.lochlevenseafoodcafe.co.uk/
- Clachaig Inn – https://clachaig.com/
- The Holly Tree – https://hollytreehotel.co.uk/
- The Old Inn, Appin – https://www.facebook.com/theoldinnappin/
- The Corran Inn – http://www.thecorran.net/
- Kingshouse Hotel – https://www.kingshousehotel.co.uk/
- Loch Leven Hotel – http://www.lochlevenhotel.co.uk/
- Crafts & Things – http://www.craftsandthings.co.uk/
- Glencoe Cafe – http://www.glencoecafe.co.uk/
- Ballachulish Tourist Centre – http://www.glencoetourism.co.uk/
- Quarriers Kitchen – https://www.quarrierskitchen.co.uk/
- Riverside Chippy – https://www.facebook.com/riversidechippy/